When I first started this blog, it was only supposed to be for 40 days and/or 8 weeks…just long enough to get me through my radiation therapy for breast cancer.
That ended, and I found myself wanting to do more and to bring other voices into sharing their stories. And so back in August, I introduced the first team of LIVE BRAVE writers, Laura Kramer, Jazmyne Johnson, Karen Asbra and Lindsay Munoz. For the past 5 months, I have been blessed to read their words and share them with you.
As 2013 comes to a close and I look ahead to 2014, I want to re open the door of opportunity to any woman who might be looking for a place to launch their creative endeavors.
For 2014, I am looking to put together a creative team.
This creative team will consist of:
Sound like something you might be interested in?
The creative teams commitment will be for one year. Starting January 1st 2014 and ending on December 31, 2014.
Each member will be responsible for posting in their genre 2x a month. No more, no less.
Each team member will promote the Live Brave blog on their social media venues at least twice a month. Social media may include; Facebook, Tumbler, Twitter, and Instagram. To apply you must have at least one of these and you must be active on it.
Each team member must contribute to the Gratitude Challenge for 2014. (details are still being worked out for this, but the contribution is once a month)
A weekly presence on the Live Brave Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/LiveBraveNotBroken
Random Acts of Kindness from me.
A Live Brave Creative Team day retreat in the summer of 2014.
Exposure to over 1,000 current followers.
One of those cool widgets (see above) to put on your blog, Facebook page, etc.
Lots of shout outs from me and the other creative team members.
All online classes/workshops are free.
Our own personal and private Facebook page where we can connect, brainstorm, have community and share all things brave.
Number one requirement is this: Authenticity.
No experience is necessary
Please read the Live Brave Mission Statement before you apply.
So if you are ready? So am I.
In “one” email send me the following.
- In the Subject Line include your name and team position you are applying for. (artist, writer or poet) So it should look like this: Lesley Glenn – I am a Brave Artist
- Your basic information – Name, age, address, cell number, where you are from and a short, and I mean short biography. No more than 150 words.
- Something quirky about you.
- Your life’s mission statement.
- A list of and addresses of blogs, Facebook pages, twitter account, Instagram, etc.
- Answer this: I am BRAVE because_________ (no more than 150 words)
- If you are applying for a writers or poets spot, please also include two sample writings. One can be something you have written before, the other has to be fresh, new, and original. (will be used as your first post in January)
- If you are applying for the artist position, please include webpages, where I can see your work and attach at least two samples of original artwork but not more than 5. (please compress artwork) Artist may include one or more of the following: photography, any type of art medium such as collage, paint, art journaling, etc.
Email all of this to me, Lesley at Lkailani@gmail.com. (remember in “one” email.)
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask them. I would rather answer tons of questions than have a team member jump in and not be able to carry out their commitment.
NOTE: please please do not apply if your plate is already full or if you have any questions about your time.
Applications will be accepted until December 20th at 10pm PST and new team members will be announced on December 25th by having their respective widget posted on their Facebook wall, tagged on instagram, tweeted about on twitter, and text messaged. What a great Christmas gift huh?
I can not wait to hear from you. Please pass this on to anyone you know who might be interested.
So who wants to LIVE BRAVE in 2014?